About Paul Thompson
I have been a psychologist in private practice for more than twenty five years. My sole practitioner office is a confidential and peaceful environment in which to explore your feelings, issues and goals and most importantly your connection and relationship with the Divine.
I have a Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology and I am licensed in psychology and social work. I have extensive training and experience in individual, group, family and marital counseling. My internships include drug and alcohol treatment, crisis counseling, organization development and spiritual direction.
I have a wide range of personal interests and hobbies including swimming, sailing, finance, home renovation, real estate, antiques and regular exercise. I am passionate about meditation and practice it daily.
Spiritually focused psychotherapy is about becoming whole and living a joyous life that is full of emotional freedom and possibility. I believe that seeking help is an act of courage and not weakness. Counseling is designed to help you restore mental, emotional, and spiritual balance to your life. My intention is that the healing process be a collaborative experience in which you actively participate in developing your treatment plan to overcome anxiety, depression, and self-defeating behavior patterns that block God’s ever present Love from blessing your life. Freedom from self-imposed limitations will enhance and enrich your life and relationships.
- Limited Licensed Psychologist, licensed by the State of Michigan
- Licensed Master’s Social Worker, licensed by the State of Michigan
- Master of Science Degree in Clinical Psychology, from Eastern Michigan University
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology, from Eastern Michigan University
- Two year Internship with Ron Lippitt of the University of Michigan in Organization Development
- Commissioned as a Spiritual Director following a two year internship in Ignatian Spirituality at the Manresa Jesuit Retreat House
- Group Psychotherapy training through many workshops, experience and the Michigan Group Psychotherapy Society
- Mentoring by J. Oliver Black
- Internship and supervision at FRES with Dr. Joel Henchin and Dr. Beverly Howze